Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ikoku Meiro No Croisee Episode 2 Review

I love it when they randomly switch to chibi form.
Okay, since I'm still blogging Gintama and Nichijou, I decided to just take on three series from this season for now: Ikoku Meiro No Croisee (obviously), Mawaru Penguindum, and No.6. As it turns out, Uta no Prince-sama's second episode wasn't as bad as the first, but again, I can only only handle so much due to my laziness. Anyway, on to the review!
Yune continues to experience more of the French culture and sampling some of the nation's cuisine. Claude decides to take her around town that day where Yune encounters more new products. Here, a rival of sorts is introduced: a department store. Claude believes that the department store may bring all of the surrounding stores out of business since it carries just about everything; he is even more distraught when he learns that Yune's kimono is in the possession of the family that owns said store. It's also hinted that Claude may be running low on money which may cause some conflict later on. The little boy featured in the last episode makes a cameo here again, so he might play a vital role later on as well.
I love that even the strands of her hair stand up.

So it's basically their version of Wal-Mart.
Yune makes the cutest faces.
Later during supper, Claude lectures Yune to not force herself to eat food that she doesn't like. Yune explains that she wants to believe that the food is delicious so that she can cook food that Claude and Oscar can genuinely enjoy. But even so, Claude continues to urge Yune not to over-exert herself.
With the introduction of a potential rival/antagonist and new characters (judging by the next episode's preview), I look forward to how this series will handle the additions. The backgrounds continue to be nice and detailed and the characters are still enjoyable to watch. The scene where Yune first tries French bread is absolutely adorable, in fact, I pretty much had the same reaction when I first tried it back in the Philippines. The one that Claude bought probably tasted better, though, since it was still fresh.
And now I'm hungry.
Seriously, Yune, stop being so fudging moe!
I like that they added steam to show that it was fresh. This show makes me hungry.
Another nice, relaxing episode. Claude and Yune's relationship is becoming more and more disgustingly adorable and their cross-cultural experiences are pretty amusing to watch. The last few minutes where Claude tries umeboshi (a type of Japanese plum) for the first time was also pretty hilarious, especially his reaction face. But, since I'm not fond of sour food myself, I probably would have reacted the same way.
*sparkles*
This episode gets:

No comments:

Post a Comment