Friday, July 1, 2011

Nichijou Episode 13

I have no idea what this is, but I want to try it.
13 episodes in, and this series still relies solely on its random comedy and epic reaction faces...Not that I mind. The first skit takes place in the Shinonome household wherein Professor continues to be the selfish brat that she is and refuses to even think about Nano leaving for her to get a proper education in school. Remember a few episodes back when I mentioned that Professor and Nano's skits were adorable, yeah, it's getting old now. I have nothing against Nano, she's a sweet robot girl, but Professor is getting to be a really annoying bratty half-pint. I know she's supposed to be portrayed as a "cute" selfish and immature eight-year old, but seriously, even I have limits to moe-moe lolis. Moving on...
I'd like to know myself.
The next skit has a surprisingly unenergetic Yuuko who arrives to school with a terrible cold. Apparently, she trudged all the way to her classroom in her feverish condition just to show Mio a "magic trick". Sadly, several of her props fall out of her bottomless school bag before she can present them to Mio. Once Yuuko settles down on her desk, not realizing that her pigeon escaped and that her magic-flower-stick thingy fell out, she proceeds to show Mion one of her "tricks" which involves placing a cigarette through a coin, though Mion can clearly see a large whole in the middle of it. The rest of the skit is just afyosafygta "what am I watching?" and ends with Mio being freaking confused at what just transpired.
Capped this just because it looked cool.
The next skit has Professor acting like a brat again and getting her way because Nano's too nice for her own good, so I'll skip this. Back at school, Yuuko is overly ecstatic at getting an 80 on a test. Mio is initially happy for her at first, but Yuuko continues to be an pompous, overly proud jerk and continues to boast to Mio even though she scored higher by 16 points (Where's Mai when you need here? That girl is the only one who can keep Yuuko in check). We then switch to the vice principal's house again, and I really don't understand the gag they're trying to pull here. His grandson keeps asking where his grandpa's "seal" is, and apparently, the vice principal thinks that his situation is worst than reality. Then it's Helitica Standard time!
Don't buy it! Don't buy it! Don't buy it!
This way my face during that whole slow-mo sequence.
I didn't get the joke, but this kid really is cute.
You can do that?
Then we get another Shinonome Lab skit with Professor attempting to get Nano to go with her to the bathroom because she's too scared to go alone during such a loud and scary storm. Nano eventually wakes up and gets scared by the thunder along the way. We then go back to the school setting where Yuuko continues to show off her 80 until Mio finally snaps (I would have 10 minutes into Yuuko's boasting). Yuuko finally shuts up when her teacher tells them that the average score from the test was 92. Once again, Yuuko shines in her role as the series' official Butt Monkey. Sadly, Mai only appears once in a "Things We Think Are Cool!" segment (which is an 80! Which only Yuuko is excited about! And I saw it coming!) The following day, Professor decides to be selfless for once and allows Nano to go start school. Then there was this whole D'aaaaaaawwwwww moment, and my respect for Professor increased a tid bit.
Nice covers, Professor
Ouch
Thank you Mio! Seriously, Yuuko deserved that.
Happy butterflies and rainbows, yaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!
This was honestly a pretty weak episode (though it made me love Mio more). I've begun to think that KyoAni is trying too hard to make Professor all cutesy and childlike to the point were she becomes an annoying little spoiled brat (she was already like this before, this episode just emphasized that trait of hers for me). Also, not much Mai, but again, I've begun to love Mio just as much, Yuuko on the other hand...
This episode gets:



No comments:

Post a Comment